Things to Do in Athens This Spring
Spring is a wonderful time to visit Athens—and all of Greece. Flowers and herbs bloom in the hills and on the islands, cooler weather makes getting active a joy, and the high season crowds are nowhere to be seen. Here are a few ways to experience the Greek capital this spring.
- Take a walking tour of the Acropolis and essential ancient ruins.
- Beat the crowds to Santorini for a night or two.
- Soak up the sun on a Greek islands day cruise.
- Explore the city or the coast on a bicycle tour.
- Learn how the first Olympians exercised with an ancient Greek workout at the Panathenaic Stadium.
- Take an overnight adventure to see spring flowers bloom at the ancient temple of Delphi and among the sky-high monasteries of Meteora.
- Hike Mount Lycabettus for sunset city views.
- Learn about Greek plants and flowers on a National Gardens tour.
- Perfect your photography with a private guided tour of iconic sights and no big groups to ruin the shot.