Top Athens Half-day Tours
491 results | All Athens Tours
* A traveler said: "This tour gives a good overview of Athens with a visit to Acropolis. I would recommend it with also a visit to the museum."
* A traveler said: "This was worth the time and money! Fotini was a fantastic guide and made the tour fun and educational. She answered all of our questions about the historical sites and general greek culture. She was also very patient with the members of the group who wanted to take some extra photos of all the sites."
* A traveler said: "Nice trip to Temple of Poseidon - the views were magnificent and the tour guide was knowledgeable. It was a nice way to see in person this part of Greek Mythology."
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed this tour immensely. Our tour guide was wonderful and knowledgeable about the food and surroundings. We were jet lagged and the tour was very accommodating to our tardiness which we appreciated. I would definitely recommend if you want to experience the local food."
* A traveler said: "This was a great tour, on the way there Demetrious did a great job of explaining the historical significance of the cape and what we would see. He is great! The drive was beautiful. Would highly recommend and is a nice short trip out of the city."
* A traveler said: "We were lucky to have KIMON as our guide. He is terrific, very knowledgeable about the area. We had great time with fun and laughter. Highly recommend this."
* A traveler said: "Our driver Chris was fantastic! She was waiting for us at the airport, showed us all the sights and dropped us off at our cruise terminal. She took great care of us and I would recommend her and this service to anyone."
* A traveler said: "Great way to see the sites and learn about Greek history. There is a lot of walking and it was hot, but the guide did a great job keeping us engaged."
* A traveler said: "Beyond knowledgeable and very very accommodating for us since we got our days mixed up. Thank you soooooo much!!!! Loved every bit of it!!!"
* A traveler said: "Yousaf did such a great job not only as a tour guide, but he gave us great recommendations after the tour was over. I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting Athens for the first time! It was great to see all the major sights and learn from such a knowledgeable guide"
* A traveler said: "Alexandra was great. He was very knowledgeable about the city and it's history. Tour time was long enough to see the major attractions."
* A traveler said: "Loukia was an amazing guide and showed us some incredible local food purveyors that tourists may not seek out themselves."
* A traveler said: "The guide was very knowledgeable. The company and the museum took all the necessary precautions for CoViD. Because our admission to the museum had to be staggered we did not have time for shopping in Corinth, which I would have like but no ones fault. Learned a lot"
* A traveler said: "Great tour of the city. Wear comfy shoes, wear sunscreen and bring bottled water. The views at the top are incredible and if you need to refill your bottle, there is a drinking fountain at the Acropolis. I took advantage of that and the water tasted better than my hotel's water. The museum is incredible. I learned a lot on this tour. Near the Acropolis where the buses park are a couple of tourist shops to get some souvenirs so I took advantage of it while waiting for other passengers to come back to the bus. The tour company needs to have their tour guides hold a sign up so you know where they are waiting while you view and take pictures. You do wear headphones to hear the guide talk but when the guide tells you they are moving on, with so many people there, it's hard to locate them unless you memorize what they are wearing. I noticed other tour company's had signs they held up so you knew where they were standing. The only major concern that I had was when I booked my tour, on my itinerary sheet it says drop off at your hotel. When I went to check with the tour lady, she said they would try to accommodate my request with those who also needed a ride back to their hotel, but they could not guarantee it even though I have it documented down. The bus driver was able to drop me off as close to my hotel, so only had to walk a block. I would look into this because once you are done with the Museum, you are basically on your own and will have to find a way back to your hotel unless you absolutely need a ride back to your hotel to catch a flight. And if you have never been to Athens before, which I had not, you are in unfamiliar territory and it can make a person nervous on where they are at and how to find their way around and with the buses, ferries and ships all on strike when I was there beginning of May, the only option is a taxi and they are expensive. Other than that, great tour."
* A traveler said: "Teddy was very informative, and it was a fun tour. Dinner was outside and casual at a family restaurant."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Christina was smart, friendly and knowledgeable. Our driver and van were also both top notch. In a word, the tour was outstanding!"
* A traveler said: "Daphne is a very pleasant and knowledgeable guide, she strive to make use of your imagination to view all ruins with the eye of the past. visit is very informative with good pace."
* A traveler said: "Everything was wonderful. Our guide was friendly and fun, and the entire tour was a quick and interesting way to see more of the city!"
* A traveler said: "If u have time to do only 1 thing in Athens then u must do this tour. Its the best and i think its because of the guide and now a friend Ms JIOTA . She knows how to be entertaining /informative and yet pauses for just enough time for the people to soak up.all the sights & information. A DEFINITIVE YES ."
* A traveler said: "We signed up for this tour the first evening we arrived. We also booked the whole day tour for the following day, As this was our first visit to Athens, we were a little concerned about graffiti and safety of the neighborhood where we were staying. Our tour guide Nasser (Naser) arrived promptly with an infectious energy and explained the culture of Greece and assured us the neighborhood was great (which it was). He later took us to the Acropolis. He did not accompany us but was very informative during the drive. Being a private tour, we decided to cut the suggested tour short and visit the Sea where we had a wonderful dinner (with recommendations from Nasser)."
* A traveler said: "Our guide Chris was a pure delight. She had is passionate about her country and was very insightful into the Greek culture. Non of the stops disappointed as each one provided a different culinary experience along with a mixture of Greek spirits. Great option for a tour your first night in the town of you are new to Athens."
* A traveler said: "Love love loved it!! As it was very hot on the day of our 3 hour walking tour they upgraded us all on to an air conditioned bus for free. Host was lovely and knowledgeable. Perfect tour! And Thankyou"
* A traveler said: "We loved our tour with Joanna, she was so knowledgeable but also very willing to adjust the tour/schedule to our liking! Would do it again ASAP!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Overnight Tours
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Athens National Archaeological Museum (Ethniko Arxaiologiko Mouseio)
- Museum of Cycladic Art
- Piraeus Cruise Port
- National Gardens of Athens (Ethnikos Kipos)
- Athens War Museum (Polemiko Mouseio)
- Temple of Hephaestus
- Ghika Gallery (Pinakothiki Ghika)
- Floating Naval Museum—Battleship Georgios Averof
- Church of Panagia Kapnikarea
- Hellenic Motor Museum
- Dora Stratou Greek Dances Theater
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Odeio Irodou Attikou)
- Cape Sounion
- Goulandris Natural History Museum
- Syntagma Square (Plateia Syntagmatos)
- Onassis Cultural Centre
- Kotzia Square (Plateia Kotzia)
- Things to do in Olympia
- Things to do in Santorini
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Thessaloniki
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kos
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Ohrid
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Sarigerme
- Things to do in Peloponnese
- Things to do in Cyclades Islands
- Things to do in Macedonia
Day Trips from Athens
- Athens to Greece
- Athens to Acropolis
- Athens to Parthenon
- Athens to Plaka
- Athens to Crete
- Athens to Heraklion
- Athens to Temple of Poseidon
- Athens to Peloponnese
- Athens to Corinth
- Athens to Fira
- Athens to Vouliagmeni Lake (Limni Vouliagmenis)
- Athens to Mystras (Mistras)
- Athens to Meteora
- Athens to Kalamata
- Athens to Olympia
- Athens to Delphi
- Athens to Loutraki