Inside the ice bar enjoy your choice of a specially made cocktail, chilled in its own ice glass, while soaking up the cool atmosphere; local artists have carved the ice sculptures inside. The entrance fee for Icebarcelona includes the drink and the use of a jacket and gloves. Afterward, step outside to warm up and take in stunning views of the Mediterranean on the alfresco terrace, which offers a broader range of drink options.
Save money on tickets by booking online before your visit. Special packages for groups, parties, or romantic events are available. A visit to Icebarcelona can easily be combined with a city sightseeing tour. Opt for a hop-on hop-off bus tour to explore Barcelona at your leisure, or a guided tour for a curated experience.
Recent reviews from experiences in Barcelona
Things to Know Before You Go
Children are allowed but must be accompanied by an adult.
Bring cash to purchase additional drinks inside the ice bar.
Long pants and closed toe shoes are recommended.
Don’t forget your camera to commemorate this unique experience.
Icebarcelona is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Icebarcelona is located on Somorrostro beach, in Port Olímpic. Take the metro (L4) to Ciutadela/Vila Olímpica. A number of buses also stop nearby, including bus numbers. 36, 45, 59, 71, 92, D20, V21, V27, N0, N6, and N8.
When to Get There
Icebarcelona is open year-round, with limited hours around Christmas. The venue is popular on weekends and over the summer, when it’s recommended to make a reservation to minimize your wait time. During the summer, DJs spin nightly on the terrace, and special events are held from time to time.
Open-air beach bars, known aschiringuitos, are an essential part of the Spanish beach experience. Whether they are simple shacks or kiosks to something more sophisticated, they all serve food and drinks. Some chiringuitos around Barceloneta and Port Olímpic will have resident or visiting DJs spinning late into the night.
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Mallorca
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Port Olímpic
- Nova Icaria Beach (Platja de la Nova Icaria)
- Barceloneta Beach
- França Railway Station (Estació de França)
- Barcelona Zoo
- History Museum of Catalonia (Museu d'Historia de Catalunya)
- El Born Cultural and Memorial Centre (El Born Centre de Cultura i Memòria)
- Ciutadella Park (Parc de la Ciutadella)
- El Born
- Chocolate Museum (Museu de la Xocolata)
- St. Mary of the Sea Cathedral (Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar)
- Barcelona La Ribera
- Picasso Museum (Museu Picasso)
- European Museum of Modern Art (MEAM)