Via Sepulcral Romana
Found along the ancient road to Barcino (the former name of Barcelona) the Via Sepulcral Romana is one of the most intriguing remnants of the city’s Roman past. Located on the site of the present-day Plaça de la Vila Madrid, the unique site served as a burial ground, where more than 80 graves have been uncovered, dating from the 1st to the 3rd century AD, during which period burials were forbidden within the city walls.
Today, visitors can visit part of the excavated ruins and view artifacts found at the site at the on-site museum, which also offers insight into the Roman road network and burial rituals.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Via Sepulcral Romana hours of operation?
Should I book Via Sepulcral Romana tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Via Sepulcral Romana 2020?
What's the best way to experience Via Sepulcral Romana?
- Barcelona Card with Guidebook
- Private Gothic Quarter Tour Barcelona
- Barcelona: Secrets of the Gothic Quarter
Things to do near Barcelona
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Mallorca
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées