Things to Do in Barcelona This Summer
From sun-kissed beaches to fountain-filled plazas, Barcelona sizzles in summer—one of the most popular seasons to visit the city. The Mediterranean sunshine makes outdoor activities appealing, and there are plenty of ways to beat the heat. Here are our top picks for how to experience the Catalan capital in summer.
- Sail past gold-sand beaches on a scenic catamaran excursion.
- Board the open-air hop-on hop-off bus to see the city’s top attractions.
- Beat the summer crowds with skip-the-line access to the Sagrada Familia.
- Head to cooler climes on a day trip to Montserrat or Andorra.
- Go beach hopping along the picturesque Costa Brava.
- Feel the heat at an evening flamenco show.
- Cool off at an indoor attraction such as the Picasso Museum or La Pedrera.
- Spend the day wine tasting in the Catalonian countryside.
- See the city from new heights while parasailing above the sea.
- Attend a summer cultural festival to dive in to Catalan culture and party like a local.