Tea Ceremonies in Beijing
Tea has played a fundamental role in day-to-day life in China for thousands of years. Unless you're invited into a private home, you'll need to visit one of Beijing's teahouses to enjoy the subtle ceremony surrounding the drinking of tea. Here are some of the best experiences.
Learn the fundamentals of serving and drinking Chinese tea during a hands-on workshop in a traditional courtyard.
Enjoy a tea tasting in Maliandao Tea Street, Beijing’s largest tea market, filled with tea shops and teahouses.
Stop for a traditional Chinese tea ceremony while shopping for souvenirs and jewelry at the Hongqiao Pearl Market.
Combine a traditional tea ceremony with visits to Taoist, Confucian, and Buddhist temples.
Drink tea just like Chinese people do with tea-drinking etiquette tips from a local guide.
- Beijing Suggested Itineraries
- Beijing Cuisine
- Climb the Great Wall
- Acrobatic Shows
- Beijing Temples
- Summer Palace Cruises in Beijing
- Exploring the Hutongs of Beijing
- How to Spend 3 Days in Beijing
- Know Before You Go: Visiting the Great Wall of China
- Guide to Climbing the Great Wall of China
- How to Spend 1 Day in Beijing
- Food Lover's Guide to Beijing
- Tea Ceremonies in Beijing