Located north of Hilo, Akaka Falls is one of the best-known waterfalls on the Big Island. Surrounded by lush, tropical jungle, the 442-foot-high (135-meter-high) Akaka Falls is easily accessible by a short, paved loop trail, making it one of the most popular and scenic attractions on the island.
Akaka Falls Tours
Should I book Akaka Falls tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Akaka Falls 2021?
What's the best way to experience Akaka Falls?
- Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
- Hilo Zipline over KoleKole Falls
- Big Island Photo Tour: Waterfalls and Tropical Botanical Garden
- Small Group Waipio Valley and Waterfalls Adventure
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer