Coconut Island (Mokuola)
Mokuola, or Coconut Island, is just offshore from the Big Island’s Lili‘uokalani Gardens and connected by a wide footbridge. Easy access and calm waters make it one of the Hilo’s most convenient and popular beaches. It’s great for swimming and sea turtle watching, and the picnic tables and grassy areas often host barbecues and local events.
Coconut Island (Mokuola) Tours
Should I book Coconut Island (Mokuola) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Coconut Island (Mokuola) 2021?
What's the best way to experience Coconut Island (Mokuola)?
- Turtles, Whales, Waterfall & Lava Excursion with Epic Lunch & Bakery Stops
- Waterfall, Bayfront, Local Beer/Rum Tasting & a Local Cooking Class!
- Hawaii Big Island Circle Small Group Tour: Waterfalls - Hilo - Volcano - Black Sand Beach
- Historic Hilo Biking Adventure Day Tour (Hilo, Hawaii)
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer