Harbor offices are located at 74-380 Kealakehe Parkway and a large sign announces the entrance between mile marker 97 and 98 from Highway 19—it’s three miles north of town and five miles south of the Airport. The Charter Desk, located above the marina’s fuel dock, sells spots on 60 sportfishing boats—expect to pay between $450 and $600 for a half day or $750 and $3,500 for an entire boat’s full-day charter. Most Pacific blue marlin, the big catch here, are reeled in between June and August. Tickets for most other excursions are available from booths in Kailua town. Many popular tourist activities include transport from area hotels or central locations; if they don’t, you’ll need a rental car or taxi to reach the harbor. Note: Restaurants here close between 7 and 9 p.m.
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer