Isaac Hale Beach Park Tours and Activities
This rocky beach at Pohoiki Bay is a popular surf location and a favorite spot with locals. Weekends often mean crowds, so if you’re looking for peace and quiet, think about a weekday visit. Shoreline views live up to the images that pop into your mind when you imagine Hawaii, just without soft sand in between your toes—it’s rough and rocky, so be sure to have good shoes.
Pohoiki Bay is known for strong currents and rough water, yet Isaac Hale Beach Park (pronounced HA-lay) is still a spot many visit to swim or snorkel. Challenging surf also makes it a popular area for surfers and admirers who make the trip just to watch the professionals tackle the waves.
Along with a boat ramp, there are picnic tables, restrooms and parking. A quick walk along a shoreline trail near the boat ramp leads to a small natural hot spring ideal for soaking.
Tours and Activities to Experience Isaac Hale Beach Park
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer