Kaumana Caves State Park
Located just outside of Hilo, the Kaumana Caves are part of a 25-mile (40-kilometer) lava tube that formed in 1881 from lava flow from Mauna Loa. Easily accessible, the Kaumana Caves State Park is a great alternative for those looking for a more adventurous, and less crowded, experience than the Thurston Lava Tubes.
Tours and tickets to Experience Kaumana Caves State Park
Should I book Kaumana Caves State Park tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Kaumana Caves State Park 2021?
What's the best way to experience Kaumana Caves State Park?
- Big Island Adventure Bundle: 5 Epic Audio Driving Tours
- Maunakea Stellar Explorer HILO
- Big Island - North Island Jungle Driving Tour
- Kona Shore Excursion: Lava Tubes, Waterfalls & Parker Ranch
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer