Shop by Category
The Big Island’s main town in the interior is Waimea, perched at the foot of the mountains bordering the island’s north coast.
It may be in the foothills, but it’s high up here – 2,760 feet (828 meters) above sea level, to be exact.
The area has some good restaurants, cultural events, ranches and activities. Go on a horseback riding adventure, visit a cattle ranch, tee off with a round of golf, or head to the coast for fishing or windsurfing.
Waimea is in the Kohala area of the Big Island, just west of Waipio Valley and within an easy drive of Waikaloa’s resort dining and activities. The best way to get around is by hire car.
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Waimea
Time of Day
No results found!
New standard cancellation policy
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer