Cancun Wax Museum (Museo de Cera Cancún)
With more than 100 characters, both real and fictional, spread across over 20 exhibition rooms, there’s plenty to see at the popular Cancún Wax Museum. Save time and potential disappointment on the day by booking skip-the-line admission tickets in advance and making the most of your visit. You can easily explore Cancún Wax Museum in less than an hour, leaving time to browse the stores in La Isla Shopping Village or grab a snack at the on-site eateries.
Things to Know Before You go
Cancún Wax Museum is the ideal spot to spend an afternoon if the kids are tired of the beach.
Plan to spend around an hour enjoying the wax figures at Cancún Wax Museum.
Photography is prohibited in some rooms, as there’s a professional photographer on hand to take souvenir snaps.
Skip-the-line admission tickets bought in advance can help you save time on the day.
Cancún Wax Museum is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to Get There
Cancún Wax Museum is situated within La Isla Shopping Village at KM 16.5 of the Hotel Zone. It’s an easy walk from most points of the Hotel Zone, although there are also affordable public buses which go past La Isla Shopping Village for visitors staying in downtown Cancún.
When to Get There
The Cancún Wax Museum is open daily from the mid-morning until the late evening and is at its busiest on weekends and holidays. Plan to arrive midweek for a quieter experience.
Travelers with kids will find lots to love about family-friendly Cancún, from its hands-on attractions, such as the Interactive Aquarium and Croco Cun Zoo, to the Captain Hook Pirate Dinner Cruise. You can also make a splash at one of the nearby eco theme parks of Xplor, Xel-Há, or Xcaret before taking a gentle ride to the top of the Scenic Tower, which is free for kids under four.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Cozumel
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- La Isla Shopping Village
- Interactive Aquarium Cancun
- Cancun Hotel Zone (Avenida Kukulkan)
- Mandala Cancun Nightclub
- Mayan Museum of Cancun (Museo Maya de Cancún)
- Captain Hook Cancun
- Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
- Cancun Scenic Tower (Torre Escénica)
- Dolphin Beach (Playa Delfines)
- El Rey Archaeological Zone (Zona Arqueológica El Rey)
- Mandala Beach Club
- Cenote Nohoch Nah Chich
- Cancun Christ the King Church (Iglesia de Cristo Rey)
- Palapas Park (Parque Las Palapas)
- Cancun Underwater Museum of Art (Museo Subacuático de Arte)