Top Charleston Horse Carriage Rides
Saved to wishlist!
10 results | All Charleston Tours
Experience more than 300 years of history on this guided carriage tour of Charleston. See the many mansions, churches, and gardens as your horse-drawn carriage tour covers more than 2.5 miles and 30 blocks of historic Charleston. Belgian and Percheron draft horses will you lead you through the streets while you learn about this “Holy City” and its role in the Civil War.
See the Charleston Harbor by boat with a leisurely sightseeing tour along the Cooper River to Fort Sumter National Monument. This fully-narrated tour focuses on Charleston, South Carolina history from Civil War sites to antebellum houses and landmarks, passes under Cooper River bridges, and explores a waterfront that’s home to bottlenose dolphins and pelicans.
Travel back in time to discover one of America’s most historic cities—Charleston, South Carolina—on this guided walking tour. Visit points of interest including Charleston City Hall; the Dock Street Theatre, America’s first theatre; the Old Exchange Building, South Carolina's most historic building; White Point Garden, in the heart of Charleston’s historic district with a spectacular view of Fort Sumter, and many more.
Ride a horse-drawn carriage through the heart of historic Charleston on a guided tour through the heart of the city. Soak up the old fashioned charm of cobblestone streets lined with antebellum houses, lush gardens, and landmark churches as you listen to stories about Charleston history, architecture, and culture.
Travel back to Colonial times aboard a horse-drawn carriage and discover more than 300 years of history on this guided, 1-hour tour of Charleston. See the many mansions, churches and gardens of yesteryear on this narrated tour around historic Charleston. Enjoy the romantic clip-clop sound as this educational adventure winds through the streets and learn about this ‘Holy City’ and its rich history and role in Civil War times. See the Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon, one of the most historic buildings in America, and much more.
Peek into Charleston’s shadowy history with a chilling nighttime walking tour of the city’s most eerie sites! Wind through the dark corridors of the Historic District and hear spooky tales of graveyard hauntings, voodoo and botched burials from your local guide. Pass by infamous locations with grisly histories and wander through the Charleston’s oldest cemetery after hours.
An air-conditioned sightseeing bus offers a refreshing Charleston Sightseeing Tour for summertime visitors trying to escape the heat or those with limited mobility. Roll by popular "Holy City" sights like Rainbow Row, the Battery, White Point Gardens, Nathaniel Russell House, and St. Michael's Church from wide viewing windows while your guide informs and entertains with stories from Charleston's rich past.
Get all the thrills of a Charleston ghost tour without any walking on this haunted horse and carriage ride. A horse and carriage takes you down twisting side streets and cobbled alleyways with ease as your guide shares spooky stories from Charleston’s past. Make your way past the Mills House, the Circular Congregational Graveyard, and and Provost Dungeon in the heart of the Holy City.
Discover downtown Charleston on a Southern-style carriage ride that passes through the Commercial District and Waterfront Park. Learn about the history, architecture, and people of this old South Carolina city throughout the tour.
Charleston's colonial history, laid-back vibe, and beautiful sites continue to steal the hearts of visitors to the Holy City. See the highlights of the peninsula in comfort on this 90-minute guided tour on a climate-controlled minibus with a maximum of 15 passengers. This narrated tour keeps you cool as you ride past must-see Charleston sights such as the Battery, the Citadel, Old City Market, and Hampton Park as well as enjoy spectacular views of Fort Sumter, Castle Pinckney, and the Sullivan Island Lighthouse at a distance. Bonus: Admission to Charleston Powder Museum is also included with the price of your tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Horse Carriage Rides in Charleston?
The best Horse Carriage Rides in Charleston according to Viator travelers are:
What Horse Carriage Rides in Charleston are 1 hour or less?
Horse Carriage Rides in Charleston that are 1 hour or less are:
What Horse Carriage Rides in Charleston are taking additional safety precautions?
These Charleston experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Horse Carriage Rides in Charleston are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Charleston may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Bus Tours
- Horse Carriage Rides
- Walking Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Unique Experiences
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon Tours & Tickets
- Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum Tours & Tickets
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Fort Sumter National Monument Tours & Tickets
- Aiken-Rhett House Tours & Tickets
- Children's Museum of the Lowcountry (CML) Tours & Tickets
- Gibbes Museum of Art Tours & Tickets
- Charleston Museum Tours & Tickets
- Charleston City Market Tours & Tickets
- Edmondston-Alston House Tours & Tickets
- Circular Congregational Church Tours & Tickets
- The Battery and White Point Garden Tours & Tickets
- Drayton Hall Tours & Tickets
- Middleton Place Tours & Tickets
- Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge (Cooper River Bridge) Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Gainesville
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Virginia
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets