Cozumel Cruise Port Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Set against a popular, picturesque beach on the Caribbean Sea, the Cozumel cruise port serves as an all-in-one stop for Mexico vacationers seeking that perfect island getaway. Bursting with activities that embrace the island of Cozumel’s idyllic landscape both on-shore and off, this cruise destination off Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula delivers for travelers seeking snorkeling and sunshine as part of a family vacation or a romantic getaway.
From sightseeing tours past the Mayan ruins at San Gervasio to dune buggy or Jeep tour adventures through the rain forest en route to the cenote at Jade Caverns, travelers docking at the Cozumel cruise port don’t have to look far for fun. Watersports enthusiasts will find snorkeling tours (including at the popular Palancar Beach), beach break adventures, and PADI-certified scuba diving options. Other popular activities include snorkeling with angel fish in the Yal Ku Lagoon, Atlantis submarine excursions, and private beach passes to Chankanaab National Marine Park. If lounging in the sun is more your style, opt for a beach club pass. A private tour or small-group tour in Cozumel guarantees a stress-free experience.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Most Cozumel shore excursions do not include port pickup and drop-off. Be sure to check transportation options prior to booking.
- Shore excursions can last anywhere between one and six hours, depending on the tour.
- San Miguel de Cozumel is the biggest city in the area and offers plenty of opportunities for shopping, eating, and drinking.
How to Get into Town from the Cozumel Cruise Port
Depending on the cruise line, your cruise ship will dock at one of three ports: Punta Langosta, Puerta Maya, or the International Pier. Those docking at Punta Langosta (Norwegian, Disney, Seven Seas) will find themselves right in downtown San Miguel, while those at Puerta Maya (Carnival) or the International Pier (Royal Caribbean and Celebrity) can either walk or take a taxi into town. When you hire a taxi, always agree on a price before setting off; it should cost about $6 to reach downtown. No matter your destination, Cozumel is easy to get around on foot, bicycle, or taxi.
Cruise liners anchoring at Cozumel include Carnival, Celebrity, Disney, Norwegian, Princess, Seven Seas, and Royal Caribbean. You’ll hear lots of Spanish, though English is widely spoken and understood. The local currency is the peso but US dollars are almost universally accepted.
Address: Rafael E. Melgar, Cozumel, Mexico
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Cozumel Cruise Port
No results found!
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Cancun
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Placencia
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Petén