With three days to discover Cozumel, go beyond the basics to see a side of the island many visitors overlook. After you take in perfect beaches, candy-colored reefs, and the party scene, ditch the crowds to ride jungle trails, fly through the treetops, and discover ancient Maya ruins. Here’s how.
Discover Mexico Park Cozumel
Carretera Costera sur km. 5,5, Zona Hotelera Sur, Cozumel
Stroll through the park, listen to traditional Mexican music, and peruse cultural highlights of Mexico’s past and present. An admission ticket grants you entry to the park, while more in-depth experiences can be added on. For example, you can learn about Mexico’s chocolate-making traditions at a hands-on cacao workshop or sample local spirits during a Jose Cuervo tequila tasting. Some combination tours also visit other nearby attractions, such as Chankanaab National Park.
Things to Know Before You Go
Discover Mexico Park Cozumel is a must-see attraction for history buffs and culture lovers.
The park takes roughly two hours to explore.
On-site visitor facilities include a gift shop and snack bar.
A large portion of the park is located outside; remember to bring sun protection, water, and comfortable shoes.
How to Get There
Located in Cozumel, Discover Mexico Park Cozumel lies about seven minutes by road from the island’s downtown area. There is no public transportation on the island, but you can get there via taxi, rental car, scooter, or as part of a guided tour.
When to Get There
The park is busiest from December through April, when the weather tends to be sunny and warm. There are fewer crowds during hurricane season (May through October), but be sure to check the weather for storms.
Highlights of Discover Mexico Park Cozumel
Don’t miss the Museum of Popular Arts, which houses local crafts. Take photos in front of the park’s many miniature structures, which all depict popular examples of Mexican architecture. You can also watch a video about the country’s culture and history, create alebrijes (Mexican handcrafts from Oaxaca), or peruse the souvenir store. If you have time, watch a ritual performance by the Papantla Flyers.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Cancun
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Corona Beach (Playa Corona)
- Punta Sur Eco Beach Park (Faro Celerain Ecological Reserve)
- Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park
- Playa Uvas Beach Club
- El Cedral
- Plaza del Sol
- Cozumel Museum (Museo de la Isla de Cozumel)
- Santa Rosa Wall
- Cozumel Reefs National Marine Park
- Columbia Reef
- Cozumel Cruise Port
- Tormentos Reef
- Paradise Reef (Paraíso Reef)
- Playa Mia Grand Beach Park
- The Mayan Cacao Company