Playa Uvas Beach Club
Of Cozumel’s private beach clubs, Playa Uvas is closest to downtown and the piers, making it easy for guests to reach the reefs of Chankanaab National Park. Tour options range from a day on the water in a catamaran to a day in the water scuba diving. All-terrain vehicle tours also stop at the club for visitors to snorkel. The property features a full bar and restaurant, as well as a small souvenir shop.
Things to Know Before You Go
The admission fee that the beach club charges to use its facilities includes a 30-minute guided snorkel tour with gear, and a free drink.
Tours typically cover entry fees to the beach club and marine park.
A VIP package is available, including an open bar, food, towel and locker, and a 30-minute massage.
How to Get There
Playa Uvas is on the west coast of the island, a short 10- to 15-minute taxi ride from downtown Cozumel or any of its piers. It’s about 25 minutes from the airport. Tours that include a stop at the beach club depart from the port or downtown Cozumel.
When to Get There
The beach club is open from 8am to 4pm. It tends not to get as crowded as other Cozumel beaches, but expect to encounter more visitors on weekends and whenever cruise ships are docked nearby. Stake out your spot early to snag one of the palapas on the beach.
Chankanaab National Park
Meaning “Little Sea” in Mayan, Chankanaab National Park’s name was inspired by its natural lagoon. One of the most popular attractions in Cozumel, the park offers diving and snorkeling tours, dolphin encounters, ziplining, and other activities. Huts, hammocks, and chairs are available on the beach. Because it’s only a 10-minute drive from the cruise ship terminal, the park is a favorite destination among cruise passengers.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Cancun
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Punta Sur Eco Beach Park (Faro Celerain Ecological Reserve)
- Cozumel Museum (Museo de la Isla de Cozumel)
- Plaza del Sol
- Discover Mexico Park Cozumel
- Santa Rosa Wall
- Cozumel Cruise Port
- Tormentos Reef
- Paradise Reef (Paraíso Reef)
- Cozumel Reefs National Marine Park
- Columbia Reef
- Corona Beach (Playa Corona)
- San Gervasio Mayan Ruins
- Playa Mia Grand Beach Park
- The Mayan Cacao Company
- Mr. Sancho's Beach Club Cozumel