Al-Attarine Madrasa Tours and Activities
Located at the entrance to Fez’s sprawling spice and perfume market, the exquisite Al-Attarine Madrasa (the ‘Madrasa of the Perfumers’) paints a striking picture against the ramshackle stalls and timeworn cobblestones of the surrounding souks.
Built by the Marinid Sultan Uthman II Abu Said in the early 14th century, the madrasa was once an important center for learning and spirituality. The show-stopping central courtyard is the main highlight of a visit - a sumptuous example of Islamic architecture, with ornate pillars, expertly carved stuccos and magnificent zellij fashioned from hand-cut glazed tiles. Visitors can also peek into the lavish prayer hall and the comparatively sparse student quarters that look out over the courtyard.
Tours and Activities to Experience Al-Attarine Madrasa
Frequently Asked Questions
- Fes Guided Tour
- Half-Day Private Guided Tour to Fez Medina
- Half Day Tour In Fez Medina With (Private) Guide
- Fes Handicraft tour with a guide and a driver .
- Things to do in Northern Morocco
- Things to do in Chefchaouen
- Things to do in Rabat
- Things to do in Tetouan
- Things to do in Tangier
- Things to do in Tarifa
- Things to do in Casablanca
- Things to do in Marbella
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Marrakech
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Costa del Sol
- Things to do in Andalucia