Dar Batha Museum Tours and Tickets
One of Fez’s most notable museums, home to a vibrant collection of Moroccan arts and crafts, the Dar Batha Museum (Museum of Moroccan Arts) makes a worthwhile additional to any sightseeing trip, offering a unique insight into Fez’s artistic heritage.
The vast permanent collection includes everything from hand-painted ceramics to antique Berber carpets to gold-plated astrolabes, alongside traditional jewelry, leatherwork, earthenware, woodwork and embroidery, with artifacts dating from the 14th century to modern-day. The surroundings are equally impressive, with the museum housed in a beautiful Hispano-Moorish palace built by Moulay el Hassan in the 19th-century and featuring a tranquil garden and café.
Please note: The Dar Batha Museum is temporarily closed for renovations.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Dar Batha Museum
- Bab Bou Jeloud (Bab Boujeloud)
- Zaouia Moulay Idriss II
- Nejjarine Square (Place Nejjarine)
- Nejjarine Museum of Wooden Arts and Crafts (Musée Nejjarine)
- Al-Attarine Madrasa
- Fez Mellah (Jewish Quarter)
- Medina of Fez (Fes el-Bali)
- Royal Palace of Fez (Fes Dar el-Makhzen)
- Kairaouine Mosque (Mosque of al-Qarawiyyin)
- Moulay Idriss