Purchase tickets to Mundo Aborigen ahead of time online to save time and hassle in the admission line. Visitors can explore the museum at their own pace and learn about the ancient inhabitants of the Canary Islands through informative panels and a small archaeological museum. A signed pathway leads visitors through the ancient aboriginal village scenes scattered throughout the park.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Learn about the ancient culture of the Canary Islands at this family-friendly attraction.
- Most of the exhibits are outside so don’t forget your sunscreen and sun hats.
- Food and drink is available at an on-site cafe.
- The outside exhibits require navigating an uneven, cobbled path so the park is not ideal for wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Mundo Aborigen is located between Fataga and Maspalomas near the southern coast of Gran Canaria. From Maspalomas, head north on GC-60 for 5 miles (8 kilometers) and you can’t miss the park on the left side of the road. You can also reach the park via bus line 18 from Maspalomas.
When to Get There
The Mundo Aborigen is open day from 9am to 6pm. The park is busiest midday so visit late in the afternoon or early evening to avoid the crowds and the midday sun.
Fataga Gran Canaria Hiking The nearby mountainous village of Fataga makes for a nice day trip from the busy coastal areas. Several hiking trails lead from the Fataga village into the surrounding mountains. Don’t miss the aloe vera farm just outside Fantanga and the Arteara Necropolis, a massive ancient aboriginal burial site located in Fantanga Canyon. Fatanga is also a popular rock climbing area.
- Things to do in Canary Islands
- Things to do in Tenerife
- Things to do in Fuerteventura
- Things to do in Puerto del Rosario
- Things to do in Arrecife
- Things to do in Lanzarote
- Things to do in La Palma
- Things to do in Funchal
- Things to do in Calheta
- Things to do in Agadir
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Marrakech
- Things to do in Casablanca
- Things to do in Madeira
- Things to do in Central Morocco
- Aqualand Maspalomas
- English Beach (Playa del Inglés)
- Sioux City Park
- Cocodrilo Park Zoo
- Roque Nublo
- Bandama Caldera (Caldera de Bandama)
- Jardín Botánico Canario Viera y Clavijo
- Museo Canario (Canarian Museum)
- Catedral de Santa Ana
- Columbus House (Casa de Colón)
- Teatro Pérez Galdós
- Pérez-Galdós House-Museum (Casa-Museo Pérez Galdós)
- Calle Triana
- Pueblo Canario