Head to the Pueblo Canario for a quick introduction to Canarian culture and cuisine. The square hosts traditional music and dance shows and local handicrafts and authentic Canary Islands foods are sold here. A stop by Pueblo Canario is included on the Las Palmas hop-on hop-off bus along with other top attractions like the Las Palmas Cathedral and the Las Canteras Beach.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Visit the Pueblo Canario to travel back in time and see what a classic Canarian village looks like.
- The Pueblo Canario is free to visit, but a small admission is required for the Museo Nestor.
- The Doramas Park and Pueblo Canario are wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to Get There
The Pueblo Canario is located in Doramas Park in the center of Las Palmas near the Hotel Santa Catalina and the Atis Tirma Monument. Several bus lines stop directly in front of Doramas Park or you can opt for the hop-on hop-off bus which provides convenient access to all the city’s top tourist attractions.
When to Get There
The Pueblo Canario is located in a public park so it is always open. The Museo Nestor is open Tuesdays through Saturday from 10am to 7pm and Sundays from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Folk dance and live music shows take place in the Pueblo Canario square on Thursdays and Sundays. Check the tourist information center for current performance times.
Other Doramas Park Attractions As one of the top family-friendly attractions in Las Palmas, Doramas Park is a lovely oasis of gardens, waterfalls, and fountains in the middle of Gran Canaria’s bustling capital city. Two playgrounds and a community pool will keep children entertained and a small outdoor theatre features occasional puppet shows and storytelling events. The sculpture garden is the perfect place to relax in between sightseeing tours.
- Things to do in Canary Islands
- Things to do in Tenerife
- Things to do in Fuerteventura
- Things to do in Puerto del Rosario
- Things to do in Arrecife
- Things to do in Lanzarote
- Things to do in La Palma
- Things to do in Funchal
- Things to do in Calheta
- Things to do in Agadir
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Marrakech
- Things to do in Casablanca
- Things to do in Madeira
- Things to do in Central Morocco