Bursa is a popular day-trip destination from Istanbul. To enjoy the city’s historic sites, head to the Great Mosque (Ulu Cami), Green Mosque (Yesil Cami), Green Tomb (Yesil Turbe), or to the Koza Han caravanserai market, then visit the Tombs of Osman and Orhan, the first sultans of the Ottoman Empire. Take a cable car up Mount Uludag to enjoy panoramic views, or opt for outdoor activities ranging from skiing to all-terrain vehicle tours.
Recent reviews from experiences in Istanbul
Things to Know Before You Go
Wear comfortable and sturdy shoes; there are many cobblestone streets and hills.
Be respectful when visiting religious sites, including mosques, and have your head covered.
Bargaining is expected at markets and bazaars.
Full-day tours from Istanbul can last upwards of 12 hours.
How to Get There
Bursa is located about two hours from Istanbul, across the Sea of Marmara. For a scenic trip to Bursa, take a ferry across the Sea of Marmara, then hop on a bus or taxi. You can also opt for a bus directly from Istanbul to the city.
When to Get There
Bursa is lovely to visit all year round. The weather is best in the spring and fall, as summers can be quite hot. In winter, visitors head to the city to go skiing on Mount Uludag.
The Bursa UNESCO World Heritage Site also includes the historic village of Cumalikizik. Located about 6 miles (10 kilometers) from the center of the city, Cumalikizik is famous for its 270 well-preserved Ottoman-era houses. Step back in time with a stroll through the town’s narrow cobblestone streets, and enjoy the shops and restaurants housed in the restored historic buildings.
- Things to do in Varna
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Constanta
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Green Tomb (Yesil Türbe)
- Koza Han
- Bursa Grand Mosque (Ulu Cami)
- Tombs of Osman and Orhan (Osman Gazi Türbesi)
- Green Mosque (Yeşil Cami)
- Istanbul Cruise Port
- Venezia Mega Outlet
- Kadikoy Market (Kallavi Kadiköy)
- Istanbul Aquarium (Istanbul Akvaryum)
- Aqua Florya Shopping Center (Aqua Florya Alisveris Merkezi)
- German Fountain (Alman Çeşmesi)
- Haydarpasa Railway Station (Haydarpasa Gari)
- Golden Horn (Haliç)
- Istanbul City Walls (Walls of Constantinople)
- Yedikule Fortress (Yedikule Hisari Müzesi)