Hodjapasha Culture Center (Hocapasa Kültür Merkezi)
Besides the popular Whirling Dervish performances, the Hodjapasha Culture Center presents traditional Anatolian folk dance, belly dance, and modern dance performances as well. More theatrical dance productions tell stories through movement. Most dance performances at the cultural center are accompanied by live music.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Hodjapasha Culture Center is a must-visit for culture and dance enthusiasts.
Purchase a skip-the line ticket online to ensure you get a seat on the date on your choice.
Drinks are available at the shows.
The venue is circular, so every seat has a good view.
The theater is not accessible to wheelchair users.
How to Get There
The Hodjapasha Culture Center—close to top attractions in Sultanahmet, including the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia (Aya Sofya), and Topkapi Palace—is close to the Sirkeci train station, tram stop, and Marmaray stop. It’s also walking distance from Eminonu Square and the Eminonu pier.
When to Get There
Whirling Dervish performances at the Hodjapasha Culture Center occur at 7pm daily. Check the online schedule for other performances, which occur on select days of the week. Make sure to arrive on time, as there is no late seating, or early if you’d like to partake in the complimentary beverages served before the performance.
Whirling Dervish performances are a traditional aspect of Sufism, the mystical Muslim sect that emphasizes dance, poetry, and music as a spiritual path to God. Historically Sufism in Turkey was centered in the city of Konya, where Rumi, the Mevlana, preached. Rumi died in Konya and his tomb is a main attraction in that city.
- Things to do in Varna
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Constanta
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Galata Bridge (Galata Köprüsü)
- Eminonu Pier (Eminönü Iskelesi)
- New Mosque (Yeni Cami)
- Gülhane Park (Gülhane Parki)
- Eminӧnü Square (Eminönü Meydani)
- Spice Bazaar (Misir Carsisi)
- Istanbul Archaeological Museums (Istanbul Arkeoloji Muzeleri)
- Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarayi)
- Column of Constantine (Çemberlitaş Sütunu)
- Hagia Irene (Aya Irini)
- Rustem Pasha Mosque (Rüstem Paşa Camii)
- Topkapi Palace (Topkapi Sarayi)
- Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)
- Hippodrome (Sultanahmet Meydani)
- Grand Bazaar (Kapali Çarsi)
- Turkish Food in Istanbul
- Istanbul by Night
- Gallipoli Tours from Istanbul
- Whirling Dervishes
- Turkish Baths in Istanbul
- Top Historic Areas of Istanbul
- How to Spend 3 Days in Istanbul
- Turkish Bath Experiences in Istanbul
- Whirling Dervishes Shows in Istanbul
- Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Istanbul
- Turkish Food in Istanbul
- Cappadocia Tours from Istanbul