Top Kamakura Classes & Workshops
Saved to wishlist!
4 results | All Kamakura Tours
Would you like to know how to write your name in Japanese? We can show you several ways to write your name in Japanese and make an original seal as a unique souvenir of your trip. Seals are used in place of signatures on important documents. In Japan, the hanko seal is considered to be a part of one’s identity. After you design your hanko seal, we will engrave your name. Your original seal will be ready anytime in the afternoon of the experience!
Soba noodles are a Japanese specialty, and a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. Get more out of your trip to Japan by learning cooking skills you can use when you get home. Enjoy a cooking lesson with a master soba chef who teaches you the traditional way of making soba. No need to worry about language barriers—an English textbook is provided to read alongside the chef commentary.
Yoko & Reiko, we both have experience of study abroad and also love cooking and learning foreign culture. Yoko owned a restaurant in Tokyo before settling down here. Reiko is a food journalist and knows a lot about food. We would like to share pleasure of Japanese home-style cooking we learned from mom and grand mother with you. Kamakura is surrounded by ocean and hills and Yoko's house which is our studio has good access to both them. In comfortable atmosphere of Japanese household, we would like to share great time with you!
In this course, you can experience Zen at an ancient Zen temple. You will be able to see Zen art, learn about Zen story paintings, and experience Zen meditation. This three-hour course is a beginner-friendly course that will teach you the Zen way of thinking in an accessible manner. Kamakura is the birthplace of Zen in Japan and is a popular tourist destination for foreigners. The venue is the Zen temple "Kigen-in," which usually prohibits tourists from entering. Before and after the zazen experience, we will draw the circular Zen symbol "Enso," which is a kind of Zen art. After this, we will perform Zen meditation (3 times) and listen to a commentary on the paintings of Zen and learn the philosophy of Zen by combining what you have learned and your Zen experience. When you draw an Enso for the second time, you will draw on our handmade paper, certified by UNESCO. You can experience the transformative power of Zen by comparing the two Enso.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Classes & Workshops in Kamakura?
The best Classes & Workshops in Kamakura according to Viator travelers are:
What Classes & Workshops in Kamakura are taking additional safety precautions?
These Kamakura experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Classes & Workshops in Kamakura are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Kamakura may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Narita
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Sapporo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Kanto
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets