Kid-Friendly Winter Activities in Lake Tahoe
While skiing and snowboarding are the main events of most wintertime trips to Lake Tahoe, there are a variety of snow-centric activities to keep your kids entertained outdoors. Here are a few top ways to experience this alpine destination on the California–Nevada border.
- Discover a network of snowy trails with asnowshoeing tour or rentalfrom South Lake Tahoe.
- Prepare for a day of skiing at one of Lake Tahoe’s many ski resorts with a convenientski or snowboard rental package.
- Take a scenic ride on theHeavenly Mountain Resort gondolafor a panoramic view of Lake Tahoe on the way up to the Tamarack Lodge for hot chocolate.
- Enjoy a beginnerhorseback ridethrough a winter wonderland.
- Head to Northstar California ski resort forice skating.
- Cozy up with the family on ahorse-drawn sleigh rideat Sand Harbor Nevada State Park.