Underwater World Langkawi
There is a significant charge to visit Underwater World Langkawi, and you can buy tickets online or on arrival. The English-language signage is clear and comprehensive, and the aquarium is easy to navigate, so you don’t need a guide to visit, and many travelers choose simply to explore at their own pace. Others opt to join a tour, perhaps combining Underwater World with a visit to other kid-friendly attractions such as the Crocodile Farm or Langkawi signatures such as Eagle Square.
Things to Know Before You Go
Underwater World Langkawi is a godsend for families with kids looking to escape rain or excessive heat.
It’s possible to spend as much as three hours exploring the different zones and reading about the exhibits.
Underwater World Langkawi has elevators and ramps, and even provides wheelchairs for people with mobility issues.
How to Get There
Underwater World Langkawi is located on the main drag of Cenang, one of Langkawi’s most popular beach strips, just 5 miles (9 kilometers) from the airport. As the island does not have a public transport system, many travelers opt to take a tour rather than braving left-side driving and negotiating parking.
When to Get There
Underwater World Langkawi is open morning to early evening seven days a week and at its busiest (and noisiest!) on weekends and during Malaysian school holidays. Animal-feeding times are staggered throughout the day; start your visit in the early afternoon for the best choice of feeding shows.
What Not to Miss at Underwater World
Malaysia’s tropical coral and marine life is pretty spectacular, but some of Underwater World Langkawi’s star attractions come from other parts of the globe. The aquarium is home to rockhopper penguins, seahorses, and arapaima, an Amazonian species of fish that can grow up to 8 feet (2.5 meters) long. The 49-foot-long (15-meter-long) underwater tunnel is a highlight.
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Rice Museum (Laman Padi Langkawi)
- Atma Alam Batik Art Village
- Langkawi Beras Basah Island (Pulau Beras Basah)
- Mahsuri's Tomb (Makam Mahsuri)
- Singa Besar Island (Pulau Singa Besar)
- Dayang Bunting Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting)
- Dayang Bunting Lake (Tasik Dayang Bunting)
- Oriental Village Langkawi
- Seven Wells Waterfall (Telaga Tujuh Waterfall)
- Mt. Machinchang (Gunung Mat Chinchang)
- Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (Langkawi Crocodile Farm)
- Tanjung Rhu
- Langkawi Cable Car (Langkawi SkyCab)
- Langkawi Sky Bridge
- Pulau Payar Marine Park