Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Planet Hollywood is home to a 100,000-square-foot casino and plenty of restaurants, lounges, and bars, just like most resorts along the Strip, but visitors are mostly drawn to the shopping mall and live shows. The Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood stretches for just more than a mile with roughly 200 shops, including brand-name retailers like Urban Outfitters, Victoria’s Secret, and H&M.
On the entertainment side, the hotel is home to a handful of theaters including the 7,000-seat Zappos Theater, where headliners such as Gwen Stefani and the Backstreet Boys have residency shows (sadly, Britney Spears’ residency at PH ended in 2017). Other options include magicians like Criss Angel’s Mindfreak show and the Crazy Girls topless revue. Tickets for most shows can be bought online. Some Las Vegas nightclub and attraction passes include a meal or a discount on a show at Planet Hollywood.
Recent reviews from experiences in Las Vegas
Things to Know Before You Go
- Most of Planet Hollywood’s dining options are casual eateries, but there are a couple of upscale restaurants where reservations are recommended.
- The casino features a racebook and sportsbook in addition to tables, slots, and poker.
- If you are planning to walk along the Strip, make sure to give yourself plenty of time—it usually takes longer than you think to walk between the enormous resort properties.
How to Get There
Planet Hollywood is located on South Las Vegas Boulevard, next door to Paris Las Vegas and across the street from the Cosmopolitan. The Deuce bus line stops in front of the hotel.
When to Get There
Residency shows typically take place on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as one other weeknight. The other theaters often host shows twice a night—once in the mid-evening and once in the late evening. In the winter months, many shows and pools are closed.
The rooftop pool at Planet Hollywood is home to the FlowRider, a “wave in a box” where you can try surfing or boogie boarding in an enclosed space. Sessions are 30 minutes each. Afterward, celebrate with a drink at one of the two pool bars.
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in California
- Zappos Theater
- Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood
- V Theater
- Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Las Vegas Strip
- Fountains of Bellagio
- Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck
- Las Vegas CityCenter
- Bally's Las Vegas
- Bellagio Las Vegas
- Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Park MGM Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- MGM Grand Las Vegas Hotel & Casino