Things to Do in Lisbon This Fall
Fall in Lisbon sees the scorching temperatures of summer begin to drop, making it the ideal season for outdoor activities. Though fall comes with fewer crowds, evening time is chilly, so be sure to dress for the weather. Here are a few of the best ways to enjoy Lisbon in autumn.
- Take a day trip to explore Sintra’s fairy-tale castles, including Pena National Palace, on a tour of the town’s historical center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sample world-renowned pasteis de natas (custard tarts) at the source in Belém, which is also home to several historical attractions.
- Opt for a hands-on cultural experience during a glassblowing or tile-making workshop.
- Soar over Lisbon and its coastline during a hot-air-balloon ride —the ultimate romantic experience for couples.
- Relish cooler fall temperatures as you learn about the culture and history of Portugal’s capital on a walking tour.
- Take advantage of golden autumn light during a photography tour of historic districts such as Alfama and Baixa.
- Admire Lisbon from the water during a sunset dinner cruise on the Tagus River.