Constitution Square (Plaza de la Constitucion) Tours and Tickets
Malaga’s largest and most iconic public square, the Plaza de la Constitution holds significance in both the city’s past and present. Serving as a public space since the 15th century, it remains an important center of Malaga daily life today. Palm trees sit beside historic Spanish architecture surrounding the fountain Fuente de Génova. Lined with alleyways full of small shops and cafes, it is a largely pedestrian area that’s great for exploring the city’s history.
The square was home to Malaga’s city hall until the 19th century, having since been renamed from Plaza de Cuatro Calles (four streets) and the Plaza Mayor. Once the home of festivals, celebrations, and even bullfights, it is now a central meeting spot for residents of the city. Cultural, political, and religious events still take place here throughout the year, including the impressiveSemana Santa processions and festivities.
It is considered to be the heart of Malaga’s historical quarter and a must-see while in the city.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Constitution Square (Plaza de la Constitucion)
- Carmen Thyssen Museum (Museo Carmen Thyssen)
- Sacred Heart Church Málaga (Sagrado Corazón Málaga)
- Hammam Al Ándalus Málaga
- Revello de Toro Museum (Museo Revello de Toro)
- Peña Juan Breva Flamenco Art Museum (Museo de Arte Flamenco de la Peña Juan Breva)
- MIMMA (Museo Interactivo de la Música)
- Malaga Cathedral (Cathedral de la Encarnación)
- Museo Picasso Málaga
- Malaga Park (Parque de Malaga)
- Cervantes Theatre (Teatro Cervantes)
- Marina Square (Plaza de la Marina)
- Atarazanas Market
- Plaza de la Merced
- Málaga Roman Theatre (Teatro Romano de Málaga)
- Pablo Picasso Birthplace Museum (Museo Casa Natal de Picasso)