Malaga Cruise Port
Passengers docking at the Málaga Cruise Port will find plenty to do either independently or as part of guided city tours. Top attractions include the Alcazaba (a Moorish fort), 16th-century Málaga Cathedral, Roman Theatre, and Picasso Museum Málaga, all of which are within walking distance of each other.
Spanish tapas also originated in this region of Spain, so be sure to indulge with a glass of sangria at one of the many tapas bars and restaurants throughout the city center. Meanwhile, sun seekers will appreciate the nice stretch of sand just 650 feet (200 meters) from the dock.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Málaga Cruise Port terminals offer all the necessary facilities, including restrooms.
Many guided shore excursions take less than half a day.
Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk; there’s a lot to see in central Málaga.
Consider a private tour to ensure you don’t miss anything on your must-see list.
Don’t forget to bring sun protection; the sun can be intense in this part of Spain.
How to Get to Málaga From the Málaga Cruise Port
The Pier 1 dock used by most passenger cruise ships sits just over 1 mile (2 kilometers) from Plaza de la Constitución in the heart of historical Málaga, about a 15-minute walk away. You can also catch a Port Authority shuttle from the cruise terminal to Plaza de la Marina, and taxis are readily available. Many shore excursions depart directly from the terminal too.
Passenger cruise ships dock at Quays 1 and 2, both located within walking distance of Málaga’s historical center. While English isn’t as widely spoken in Málaga as it is in Barcelona and Madrid, most people understand at least a little, although the official language is Spanish. The currency is the euro, and you’ll find ATMs at the port and scattered around downtown Málaga.
- Things to do in Andalucia
- Things to do in Marbella
- Things to do in Benahavis
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Tarifa
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Tetouan
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Tangier
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Costa del Sol
- Things to do in Northern Morocco
- Guadalhorce River Estuary Natural Area (Paraje Natural Desembocadura del Guadalhorce)
- Malaga Aeronautical Museum (Museo Aeronautico de Malaga)
- SEA LIFE® Benalmádena
- Automobile and Fashion Museum (Museo Automovilistico y de la Moda)
- State Russian Museum (Colección del Museo Ruso)
- CAC Málaga (Centro de Arte Contemporáneo de Málaga)
- Atarazanas Market
- Malaga Ferris Wheel (Noria Mirador Princess)
- Marina Square (Plaza de la Marina)
- Malaga Park (Parque de Malaga)
- Carmen Thyssen Museum (Museo Carmen Thyssen)
- Sacred Heart Church Málaga (Sagrado Corazón Málaga)
- Centre Pompidou Málaga