Essential to any Malaga trip is a visit to Granada and its stunning Alhambra Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Luckily, this stunning Andalucian city is just an easy day trip away. To help you find the right tour for you, here are your options.
State Russian Museum (Colección del Museo Ruso)
Edificio de Tabacalera, Av de Sor Teresa Prat, 15, Malaga, 29003
Art lovers can explore Russian art without leaving the Iberian Peninsula at the State Russian Museum, which opened in 2015. Admire the two rotating temporary exhibitions and one permanent gallery, which include works by artists such as Rodchenko, Repin, and Kandinsky, before exploring the State Russian Museum in St Petersburg in the Virtual Museum room. Málaga’s State Russian Museum also regularly hosts special events, including Russian cinema screenings.
Things to Know Before You Go
The State Russian Museum in Málaga popular with art lovers.
Pre-book a skip-the-line access ticket to save time.
Visitors can purchase admission to the temporary exhibits, the permanent exhibits, or both.
Audio guides are available.
Admission State Russian Museum is free on Sundays after 5pm.
The museum offres a café and a gift shop.
The State Russian Museum is accessible to strollers and wheelchairs.
How to Get There
The State Russian Museum is situated just off Málaga’s western seafront, about a 40-minute walk from the city center. It’s also easily accessible via public transit: take bus number 7 from Plaza de la Marina to Tabacalera.
When to Get There
The State Russian Museum in Málaga is open Tuesday through Sunday, from morning until mid-evening. Travelers on a budget may prefer to visit on Sundays after 5pm, when entry is free.
The State Russian Museum in St Petersburg
Málaga’s State Russian Museum is the first European offshoot of St Petersburg’s State Russian Museum. Formerly known as the Russian Museum of His Imperial Majesty Alexander III, the sprawling St Petersburg museum houses the world’s largest collection of Russian art, with works from the 12th through the 20th century, including pieces by Venetsianov, Korolev, and Matveyev.
- Things to do in Andalucia
- Things to do in Marbella
- Things to do in Benahavis
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Tarifa
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Tetouan
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Tangier
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Costa del Sol
- Things to do in Northern Morocco
- Automobile and Fashion Museum (Museo Automovilistico y de la Moda)
- CAC Málaga (Centro de Arte Contemporáneo de Málaga)
- Malaga Ferris Wheel (Noria Mirador Princess)
- Atarazanas Market
- Marina Square (Plaza de la Marina)
- Malaga Park (Parque de Malaga)
- Centre Pompidou Málaga
- Palmeral de las Sorpresas
- Carmen Thyssen Museum (Museo Carmen Thyssen)
- Malaga Cathedral (Cathedral de la Encarnación)
- Revello de Toro Museum (Museo Revello de Toro)
- Sacred Heart Church Málaga (Sagrado Corazón Málaga)
- Constitution Square (Plaza de la Constitucion)
- Hammam Al Ándalus Málaga
- MIMMA (Museo Interactivo de la Música)