There’s something for everyone at Torremolinos, the action-packed gay capital of Spain’s Costa del Sol. On this 4-mile (7-kilometer) stretch of sand—Spain’s biggest beach resort—you’ll enjoy trendy nightclubs and sangria bars, bargain shopping on Calle San Miguel, and the sun-kissed beaches of El Bajondillo and La Carihuela.
An excursion to Torrie gives visitors a look at a side of the Costa del Sol that’s quite different from other culture-packed destinations in Andalucia. Many travelers choose to visit on multi-day sightseeing tours through the region, also stopping at other points of interest like Seville, Ronda, Cordoba, and Granada. Torremolinos remains one of the best-value beach vacations in Europe for those who want to focus their travels on sea and sand.
Things to Know Before You Go
Multi-day southern Spain tours that stop in Torremolinos typically last from three to seven days.
Bring swimming gear, sunscreen, and a towel, as the beach here is the main attraction.
If you’re planning a trip in July and August, be sure to book ahead.
How to Get There
The nearest commercial airport to Torremolinos is the nearby Málaga airport. From there, frequent trains and buses depart for Torremolinos and the coast. The ride takes about 30 minutes.
When to Get There
During July and August, the beaches of Torremolinos fill up with sun-seeking Europeans taking their holidays on the beach. The Costa del Sol enjoys 325 days of sunshine per year, making the less crowded shoulder season (March to May) an excellent time to visit.
Things to See Near Torremolinos
Travelers making Torremolinos their base of operations have several nearby attractions worth checking out. Aqualand, one of the largest waterparks in Andalucia, sits just outside of town, and the Sea Life aquarium in nearby Benálmadena is a hit with kids. Tivoli World, the largest amusement park in the Costa del Sol, boasts rides, Wild West shows, numerous restaurants, and a 4,000-seat outdoor auditorium.
- Things to do in Andalucia
- Things to do in Marbella
- Things to do in Benahavis
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Tarifa
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Tetouan
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Tangier
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Costa del Sol
- Things to do in Northern Morocco
- SEA LIFE® Benalmádena
- Malaga Cruise Port
- Malaga Aeronautical Museum (Museo Aeronautico de Malaga)
- Guadalhorce River Estuary Natural Area (Paraje Natural Desembocadura del Guadalhorce)
- Automobile and Fashion Museum (Museo Automovilistico y de la Moda)
- State Russian Museum (Colección del Museo Ruso)
- CAC Málaga (Centro de Arte Contemporáneo de Málaga)
- Malaga Ferris Wheel (Noria Mirador Princess)
- Atarazanas Market
- Marina Square (Plaza de la Marina)
- Malaga Park (Parque de Malaga)
- Centre Pompidou Málaga
- Palmeral de las Sorpresas
- Carmen Thyssen Museum (Museo Carmen Thyssen)