Palma Arab Baths (Baños Árabes)
Visitors can explore inside the ancient bathhouse, and although the small site is easy to cover with a short visit, it’s worth leaving time to stroll around the surrounding gardens, which are set in the grounds of the former Can Fontirroig estate. A popular part of historic walking tours and Palma sightseeing tours, a visit to the baths is often combined with the nearby La Seu Cathedral, Almudaina Palace, and Parque del Mer.
Things to Know Before You Go
There is an entrance fee to visit the Baths.
A short video presentation is included in the entrance fee and is available in multiple languages.
The Arab baths are wheelchair accessible, although the ground is uneven in places.
How to Get There
Palma’s Arab Baths are located on Carrer de Can Serra, just behind the Museum of Mallorca. It’s easy to reach the Baths on foot from downtown; they are about five minutes’ walk from Palma Cathedral.
When to Get There
The baths are open daily year-round, although open times vary from season to season.
Architecture of the Palma Arab Baths
Believed to be the only existing ruins of the Arab city of Medina Mayurqa, the Palma Arab Baths are thought to have once been part of a nobleman’s estate. Built amid the ruins of former Roman, Byzantine, and Muslim structures, the Baths include two rooms—acaldarium and atepidarium—with features including a domed ceiling, horseshoe arches, and a dozen columns.
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Barcelona
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Benidorm
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Algiers
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Costa Blanca
- Es Baluard Museum
- Palma Plaza Mayor
- Palau March Museum (Palau March Museu)
- Basilica de Sant Francesc
- Royal Palace of La Almudaina (Palau de l’Almudaina)
- Palma Cathedral (La Seu)
- Bellver Castle
- Genova Caves (Cuevas de Genova)
- Son Amar Dinner Show
- Port of Palma (Puerto de Palma)
- Na Burguesa Viewpoint (Mirador de Na Burguesa)
- Valldemossa and La Granja
- Marineland Mallorca
- Puig de Galatzo Nature Reserve (La Reserva Puig de Galatzo)
- Palma Aquarium