Dar el Bacha Museum of Confluences (Dar el Bacha Musée des Confluences
Visit this riad-style palace to see how Pasha Thami el Glaoui lived, see Islamic art and a collection of archeological treasures, and enjoy temporary exhibitions; past shows have highlighted topics like the similariteis between Christian, Jewish and Muslim religious traditions. You can visit the museum on a walking tour of the medina or pair it with a visit to Secret Garden (Le Jardin Secret), just down the road. Many Marrakech cultural tours also stop at Dar el Bacha.
Things to Know Before You Go
Dar el Bacha Museum of Confluences is a great choice for fans of Moroccan arts, crafts, and architecture.
The museum does little to advertise its exhibitions in English. Find out what’s showing on the website of Morocco’s National Museum Foundation.
Moroccan nationals pay half price; students and children enter for free.
Much of Dar el Bacha is accessible wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Dar el Bacha Museum of Confluences sits in Marrakech’s medina, about a 15-minute walk north of Jemaa el-Fna and a 5-minute walk west of the Secret Garden. The main bus station and Bab Doukkala bus stop are also within easy walking distance.
When to Get There
Dar el Bacha is open from Wednesday–Monday, from morning to early evening. The museum is closed on Tuesdays. On Fridays, Moroccan locals and residents enter for free, so the museum is generally more crowded than during the rest of the week.
Who Was Pacha Thami el Glaoui?
Known in English as “the Lord of the Atlas”, Pacha Thami el Glaoui ruled Marrakech and beyond during the French colonial occupation in the first half of the 20th century. He was known for his wealth, extravagant tastes, and fabulous parties: Guests at Dar el Bacha included Charlie Chaplin and Winston Churchill. While fascinated by Western culture, he also maintained a substantial harem.
- Things to do in Central Morocco
- Things to do in Ouarzazate
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Agadir
- Things to do in Casablanca
- Things to do in Rabat
- Things to do in Hassilabied
- Things to do in Merzouga
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Lanzarote
- Things to do in Arrecife
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Morocco Sahara
- Dar el-Bacha Street (Rue Dar el-Bacha)
- Marrakesh Museum (Musée de Marrakech)
- Ben Youssef Madrasa (Medersa Ben Youssef)
- Jemaa el-Fna (Djemaa el-Fna)
- Photography Museum of Marrakesh (Maison de la Photographie de Marrakech)
- Tiskiwin Museum (Musée Tiskiwin)
- Bahia Palace (Palais Bahia)
- Majorelle Garden (Jardin Majorelle)
- El-Badi Palace (Palais el-Badi)
- Koutoubia Mosque (Mosquée Koutoubia)
- Les Bains de Marrakech
- Saadian Tombs (Tombeaux Saadiens)
- Palmeraie (Palm Grove)
- Marrakech Medina (Medina of Marrakesh)
- Oasiria Marrakech (Oasiria Water Park)