Things to Do in Maui This Fall
Fall is a wonderful time to visit Maui, with cooler and more pleasant weather. Students are back in school, so the island and its most popular attractions are less crowded. Here are a few ways to make the most of the Valley Isle this season.
- Go parasailing before December, when humpback whale season begins.
- Watch a sunrise from Haleakala before temperatures get too cold.
- Head onto the water on an outrigger canoe or rafting tour.
- Take advantage of the cooler weather, and go hiking along Maui’s many miles of trails.
- Learn to surf as the swells pick up, but before they get too big for beginner’s to handle.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the island on a helicopter tour.
- Travel the iconic Road to Hana with fewer people on the road.
- Enjoy one of the many festivals and festive events during this season, such as the Festivals of Aloha, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the Made in Maui Festival.
- Experience local culture and cuisine at a traditional luau.