Things to Do on Maui This Winter
With warm weather year-round, Maui is a great place to soak up the sun, even in winter. While winter is technically the rainy season on the island, the south side of Maui—which is home to the popular resort town of Wailea—remains relatively dry. Here are a few ways to make the most of your winter escape to Maui.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the Haleakala crater on ascenic helicopter flight.
- Spot migrating whales from November through April on awhale-watching cruise.
- Take acruise to Molokiniand snorkel in the underwater crater.
- Embrace the twists, turns, and epic views on atour of the Road to Hana.
- Watch hula dancing and enjoy traditional Hawaiian food duringa luau in Lahaina.
- Gosea kayakingalong Maui’s south shore. *Snorkel through Turtle Town, a reef frequented by sea turtles. *Hike through the tropical forestson the west side of the island to discover hidden waterfalls; take a hike on the east side if you want to avoid the rain. *Try out surfingby taking a private or small-group lesson—both welcome beginners. *Enjoy the white-sand beachesof Maui’s south shore.