Coral Castle Museum Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
A stone castle and sculpture garden crafted entirely by one person without the help of modern equipment, the Coral Castle is a mysterious architectural anomaly. Sometime between 1923 and 1951, the complex was constructed by Edward Leedskalnin—a 100-pound (45-kilogram) man who claimed to know the secrets of the Egyptian pyramids.
Listen to speculations about how the Coral Castle was built, while checking out the unique creations—such as functioning stone rocking chairs and a massive gate that moves with the touch of a finger. Explore the site on your own, using the audio stands (four languages available) along the way, or join a guided tour for a deeper perspective.
Things to Know Before You Go
- On-site amenities include a restaurant and a gift shop.
- The Coral Castle is available for private events.
- The site is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
The Coral Castle is located just outside Homestead on US 1 North. From the highway, take a sharp right onto SW 157th Avenue—you’ll see the museum on your left.
When to Get There
The Coral Castle is open year-round, and most of the attractions are outdoors. For the best weather (not too hot or rainy), go sometime between November and April. Otherwise, arrive at the museum in the early morning or evening to avoid the worst of the Florida heat.
Visiting the Coral Castle En Route to Everglades National Park
While the Coral Castle is out of the way for Miami residents and visitors, it makes a great stop en route to Everglades National Park. Stretch your legs and enjoy lunch before continuing the final 30-odd minutes to the Everglades main entrance.
Address: 28655 S Dixie Hwy, Miami, Florida 33033, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Coral Castle Museum
No results found!
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island