Things to Do in Milan This Winter
Temperatures bottom out in Milan in the winter months, but that doesn’t mean you won’t find plenty to keep you busy in the Italian capital of fashion and design. Between world-class museums, luxury boutique shopping, and easy access to the nearby Alpine peaks, here are our top suggestions for enjoying Milan in winter.
- Explore the Swiss Alps by rail with a train ride through the most spectacular peaks on the Bernina Express.
- Stay warm while taking in city highlights on a hop-on-hop-off-bus tour.
- Get a good look at Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper during the quiet low season.
- Experience opera history by visiting La Scala, where some of Italy’s most famous arias have been performed.
- Take in the city’s cathedral from top to bottom with a Duomo terrace and underground tour.
- Warm up with a bit of vino during a guided wine tasting, paired with samples of local cheeses and charcuterie.
- Connect with locals during a home cooking class, and learn how to prepare traditional Milanese dishes.
- Prepare for the holidays with a day trip to the famous Christmas markets in Switzerland.
- Go bargain hunting at the Serravalle or Foxtown Designer Outlet.
- Spend a few hours admiring the masterpieces in the Brera Museum, the most important art collection in the city.