The centrally located museum is an easy stop for travelers exploring downtown Montreal, and families visiting the McGill University campus. To save time at the entrance, purchase your admission ticket in advance. Sightseeing passes typically provide entry to the McCord Museum and other top attractions, and include unlimited public transit—a great value if you’ll be spending a few days in Montreal.
Things to Know Before You Go
On Wednesday, the McCord Museum is open later, and admission is free after 5pm.
The museum offers wheelchairs—ask at the admission desk.
Admission is free for children age 12 and under.
There’s an on-site café.
How to Get There
The most convenient way to get to the McCord Museum is by metro. Take the green line to Peel station, then walk two short blocks to the museum, at 690 Sherbrooke Street West. Alternatively, take the 24 bus and get off at the Sherbrooke / Robert-Bourassa stop, steps from the museum.
When to Get There
The museum is open Tuesday through Sunday: 10am to 6pm on weekdays (except Wednesday, when the museum is open until later), and 10am to 5pm on weekends. Weekends are busiest, particularly Sunday afternoons. To make the most of your visit, stop by between June and October, when the museum often hosts open-air exhibitions.
Exploring the McGill University Campus
Just across Sherbrooke Street from the McCord Museum sits Montreal’s prestigious McGill University. Enter through the stately Roddick Gates, and stroll along tree-lined walkways through the center of campus. You’ll spot historic buildings, students running to and from class, and the university’s Redpath Museum, featuring exhibits on natural history.
- Things to do in Quebec
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts
- Grevin Museum (Musée Grévin Montréal)
- Dorchester Square (Le Square Dorchester)
- Montreal Underground City
- Les Cours Mont-Royal
- Musée d'Art Contemporain de Montréal (MAC)
- Montreal St. Patrick's Basilica
- Crescent Street (Rue Crescent)
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux-Arts)
- Montreal Chinatown
- Plateau-Mont-Royal (the Plateau)
- Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal (Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal)
- Montreal Botanical Garden (Jardin Botanique de Montréal)
- Old Montreal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Notre-Dame Street (Rue Notre-Dame)
- Montreal Latin Quarter (Quartier Latin)