Highlights of the museum’s extensive car collection include a 1928 Dixi car, the BMW 328 that won the historic Italian Mille Miglia race in 1940, and a rare 1974 BMW 3.0 CSL "Batmobile." Museum tours offer insight into the company’s evolution and product history, while guided factory tours go behind the scenes at the BMW Group Plant for a peek into the manufacturing rooms. Additionally, some hop-on hop-off tours of Munich stop at the BMW Museum.
Things to Know Before You Go
The BMW Museum is a must-see for history buffs and car enthusiasts.
BMW World (BMW Welt) and all its facilities, including the museum and manufacturing plant, are fully wheelchair accessible.
BMW World has five restaurants (Restaurant M1, Biker's Lodge, Copper’s, EssZimmer, and Restaurant Bavarie), which serve snacks, coffee, and meals.
How to Get There
Located in Munich, Germany, the BMW Museum is easily accessible by public transportation. Take the U3 subway line to either Olympiazentrum or Petuelring, Tram 27 to Petuelring, or Bus 173, 177, or 178 to Petuelring. There is a parking garage on-site.
When to Get There
The BMW museum is open year-round with the exception of Mondays. Weekdays tend to be quieter with easier bookings for popular behind-the-scenes tours. Arrive at opening time or in the afternoon to avoid the most crowded times of the day.
BMW New-Car Pickup
A special time to visit BMW World is during the pickup of a new car. Visitors who have purchased a new BMW receive personalized service and a one-on-one introduction to their new vehicle. Some pickup packages include premium tours of the plant, BMW World, and the BMW Museum.
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Austrian Alps
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Olympic Tower
- SEA LIFE® Munich
- Old Pinakothek (Alte Pinakothek)
- King's Square (Königsplatz)
- New Pinakothek (Neue Pinakothek)
- English Garden (Englischer Garten)
- Field Marshals' Hall (Feldherrnhalle)
- House of the Arts (Haus der Kunst)
- Munich Residence (Residenz München)
- Eisbach Wave (Eisbachwelle)
- Bavarian State Opera (Bayerische Staatsoper)