Pio Monte della Misericordia
This small octagonal church is best known as the home to Caravaggio’sThe Seven Works of Mercy. Many visitors come to see the famous Caravaggio prominently hung high above the altar not realizing the extensive collection of other artists on display. Some hang in the church itself, other in the Quadreria, or Picture Gallery.
Pio Monte della Misericordia (Pious Mount of Mercy) is a charitable institution, founded in the early 1600s by seven Neapolitan nobles who strived to help those in need. The organization continues their work today.
Should I book Pio Monte della Misericordia tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Pio Monte della Misericordia 2021?
What's the best way to experience Pio Monte della Misericordia?
- Tresures of Naples: Veiled Christ, Seven Works of Mercy and St. Gennaro Chapel
- Naples Walking Tour: In the footsteps of Caravaggio
- Discovery of Naples - 3 Nights / 4 Days - ALL INCLUSIVE
- Visit in the beating heart of Naples.
Things to do near Naples
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Positano
- Things to do in Amalfi
- Things to do in Salerno
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Matera
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Palermo
- Things to do in Taormina
- Things to do in Split
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Puglia