Things to Do in Naples This Fall
Naples breathes a sigh of relief in September when the scorching summer temperatures ease, the summer crowds leave, and the weather is still mild enough to skip across the bay to Sorrento, Capri, and Ischia. If you are visiting Naples in fall, here’s how to enjoy the best the city has to offer.
- Enjoy the cooler temperatures and diminished crowds at Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii.
- Take advantage of the warm sea temperatures for a boat tour of Capri and the Blue Grotto.
- Stroll the picturesque streets of Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast without the hassle of the high season crowds.
- Explore Naples’ proud culinary traditions with a food tour.
- Bask in the mild autumn sun on an open-top bus during a hop-on-hop-off tour.
- Duck out of a fall rainstorm and travel 3,000 years back in time at the Naples Archaeological Museum.
- Add a touch of Naples’ flavor to your winter holiday meals by taking a cooking class and learning how to prepare classic local dishes.
- Take in the city highlights on a Segway tour through the historic center.
- Visit vineyards in the countryside surrounding Naples during the fall grape harvest and enjoy a wine tasting.
- Fill the long hours of sunlight with a deep dive into history at the ancient Roman ruins in Herculaneum.