Chester Zoo Tours and Tickets
One of the best zoos in the United Kingdom, the Chester Zoo houses 20,000 animals from 500 species, all spread out over 125 acres for the park's 1.6 million yearly visitors to learn about.
Highlights include the Tsavo Black Rhino Reserve; the Realm of the Red Ape; the Fruit Bat Forest; the Hi Way family of Asian elephants; and the Islands at Chester Zoo, meant to replicate the environment of South East Asia with native species such as the Sunda gharial crocodile and the Sumatran tiger. To move about the park with ease, take a ride on the Zoofari Monorail (extra fee), which offers a great view from above and has stations throughout the park.
In addition, travelers can explore the historic Oakfield House, home to the Mottershead family when they opened the zoo in 1931, and a number of themed children's play areas. When you're hungry, stop in at one of the park's cafes and restaurants.
Tours and Activities to Experience Chester Zoo
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Western Ireland