Top Oaxaca Food & Drink
50 results | All Oaxaca Tours
* A traveler said: "Elizabeth was awesome! With her guidance, we ate crickets, ants, ground spiced worms, and more. Do this on your first day in the area and you’ll be happy. Great introduction to Oaxacan cuisine and culture, and all super easy (no bus/van rides, tourist traps, etc)."
* A traveler said: "It was ALL FABULOUS! OUR guide, "Betsy" was energetic, very knowledgeable and her passion for her city is contagious! Breakfast at the puesta was one favorite, the market, and she was VERY patient helpful at the chocolate store."
* A traveler said: "This is great for the food lover, and the rest of us. One of us is a food nerd, the other not. We both had a fantastic day. Was incredibly enjoyable."
* A traveler said: "I took the class with my wife and we both enjoy the full experience. Oscar is a great chef and host I fully recommend this experience to anyone visiting Oaxaca."
* A traveler said: "Great experience that was more than just cooking. It help us understand the history of regional cuisine and the importance to the local cultures."
* A traveler said: "Just plain fun. Chef Geraldo makes Mexican cuisine doable. What better way to spend time than with new friends and good food."
* A traveler said: "This class was great. A highlight of our trip. Fun and engaging. The small group size made it very intimate and everyone was able to get involved. Everything we made was delicious and we can't wait to replicate the recipes at home. Thank you, Jane!"
* A traveler said: "The guide at Mitla was full of knowledge and passion. The mezcal salesman was not pushy and aswered all questions. The family,of weavers was very pleasant.The,tour was in english and spanish. Tule was,closed."
* A traveler said: "This is a great family tour. My parents, my adult kids, my sister as well as my 11 year old niece did this all day tour. There is something for everyone. Our guide, Jaime was wonderful. He is very knowledgeable and charismatic. We had an incredible time!!"
* A traveler said: "My guide was so knowledgeable about the history and culture. The drive up in to the mountains was breathtaking. I learned about coffee plantations or Fincas and had the chance to meet the owner. Highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was very knowledgeable (and charming) and took us to places we would never have experienced. Highly recommend this tour to do at the beginning of a visit to Oaxaca as the local markets and stalls around the Zocalo will give you the opportunity to explore more new tastes. More fun than expensive restaurants. Get to know traditional cooking."
* A traveler said: "A relaxed night of informative dining. We dined in a beautiful setting trying many new foods. A must try when in Huatulco."
* A traveler said: "Such an amazing cooking class!! We were picked up at our hostel and taken to the Quinta. We got to enjoy some of míguels house blend coffee while hearing stories and touring the on-site farm, learning about some of the unique ingredients. From there we went to a local molino and markets to get the remainder ingredients and than off to the races with cooking. Was fun, informative and most importantly delicious! Cannot recommend enough. One of the highlights of our incredible week in Oaxaca."
* A traveler said: "Our driver Miguel was fantastic! Excellent driver, saw what we wanted to see and connected us with nice people at the sites we visited. We booked a private tour for three - money well spent. Comfortable, air-conditioned, new van. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "A must do! Alberto our guide is certified and biologist by background. He is very proud to explain the biodiversity of Huatulco and how this world class gourmet coffee comes to be. And he is supporting the local people by bringing you to Doña Alfonsina who plants, grows, picks, and roasts this coffee. Unlike any other experience. The Sierra Madre setting is unbelievable and the coffee out of this world. So happy to have met these people and see a glimpse into their artesanal work and passions. The breakfast option after the coffee plantation tour was also stellar! Muchas gracias!!!!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- San Antonio Arrazola
- Tangolunda Bay (Bahía Tangolunda)
- Zipolite Beach (Playa Zipolite)
- Cascadas de Llano Grande (Llano Grande Waterfalls)
- San Bartolo Coyotepec
- Casa Crespo
- Abastos Market (Central de Abastos)
- Mexican Turtle Center (Centro Mexicano de la Tortuga)
- Playa La Entrega (La Entrega Bay)
- 20th November Market (Mercado 20 de Noviembre)
- Oaxaca Culture Museum (Museo de las Culturas de Oaxaca)
- Maguey Bay (Bahía Maguey)
- Benito Juarez Market (Mercado Benito Juarez)
- Tamayo Museum (Museo Tamayo)
- Santa Cruz Bay (Bahía Santa Cruz)
- Chachacual Bay
- Tlacolula Market (Mercado Tlacolula)
- Cacaluta Bay (Bahia de Cacaluta)
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in Central Pacific