Kasbah of the Udayas (Casbah des Oudaïas) Tours and Activities
On your visit to Rabat’s medina, take a few steps farther north to explore the 12th-century Kasbah of the Udayas (Casbah des Oudaïas or Kasbah les Oudaias), the city’s oldest quarter, which was built during the Almohad dynasty. The tightly packed neighborhood has evolved through the centuries, with many of its signature, whitewashed and blue-based houses built by Moroccan refugees from Spain during the 16th century.
Today, there are many highlights to behold during a visit to Rabat’s wall- and tower-surrounded Kasbah. Entrance through the grand 12th-century Almohad gate of Bab Oudaia hints at the discoveries to come, including a walk down the neighborhood’s main street Rua Jamaa and past the city’s oldest mosque, El Atiqa; a visit to the palace-located Museum of Oudayas; and especially the unparalleled views of the river and sea (and inviting shoreline), best taken in from the various terraces.
Tours and Activities to Experience Kasbah of the Udayas (Casbah des Oudaïas)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Best of Rabat Tour (half-day)
- Casablanca and Rabat day trip including lunch in typical Moroccan restaurant.
- Casablanca and Rabat Day Tour including Lunch
- Private Tour Imperial Cities of Morocco from Casablanca 6 Days & 5 Nights
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Casablanca
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Chefchaouen
- Things to do in Tangier
- Things to do in Tetouan
- Things to do in Tarifa
- Things to do in Marrakech
- Things to do in Cádiz
- Things to do in Benahavis
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Northern Morocco
- Things to do in Central Morocco