You can easily spend an entire day at Hydromania. Older kids will get their thrills on the Black Hole, Big River, and K2 slides while tots enjoy the mellower rides in the Kids’ Laguna. Check out the Olympic and wave pools, facilities for beach volleyball and soccer, and hot tubs—or just relax in the beach area. Hydromania can get crowded on summer days, so book your ticket in advance to save time at the entrance.
Things to Know Before You Go
The park is accessible to wheelchairs, and some of the pools and gentler rides are suitable for guests with limited mobility.
The park has lockers to store your belongings.
If you forgot your swimsuit or towel, head to the shopping area that sells pool gear and other basics.
The slides and rides are sorted by height—the park has attractions appropriate for all ages.
The Miniclub offers magic shows, face painting, and entertainment geared toward the younger set.
There are eight on-site dining options, from a self-service cafeteria and pizzeria to snack bars and ice-cream stands.
How to Get There
Hydromania is located along the GRA beltline highway that encircles Rome. Take metro line A to the Valle Aurelia stop, then transfer to bus 90. If you’re driving, take exit 33 Pescaccio/Casal Lumbroso. Otherwise, book a package that includes round-trip transportation from central Rome.
When to Get There
The water park is open daily from June to mid-September. Visit on a weekday to avoid the long lines that form at the most popular slides and rides.
If your family needs a break but it’s not swimsuit weather, consider a jaunt to Rainbow MagicLand, about 45 minutes southeast of Rome. With shows, a planetarium, and dozens of rides and attractions, you’ll find plenty of lighthearted fun at the city’s largest amusement park.
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Doria Pamphilj Gallery (Galleria Doria Pamphilj)
- Paciotti Salumeria
- Vatican Grottoes (Grotte Vaticane)
- Vatican Gardens (Giardini Vaticani)
- Fontana dell'Acqua Paola
- Janiculum Hill (Gianicolo)
- St. Peter's Dome (Cupola di San Pietro)
- St. Peter's Baldachin (Baldacchino di San Pietro)
- La Pietà
- St. Peter's Basilica (Basilica di San Pietro)
- Sistine Chapel (Cappella Sistina)
- St. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro)
- Vatican Obelisk (Obelisco Vaticano)
- Vatican City (Citta del Vaticano)
- Vatican Museums (Musei Vaticani)