Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino International Airport (FCO) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
The Rome–Fiumicino International Airport is officially named the Leonardo da Vinci Airport, but commonly referred to as Fiumicino for the city where it’s located just outside of Rome. The country’s largest and busiest airport, Fiumicino serves more than 40 million passengers annually and is the main hub for Rome and central Italy.
The traffic in Italy’s capital city and beyond can be daunting, so an airport transfer to or from Rome or other destinations in central and southern Italy is ideal to avoid driving on clogged roads. The most popular options are pickup and drop-off at hotels in Rome or at the nearby Civitavecchia cruise port, but private transfers serve destinations in Tuscany, Umbria, and the Amalfi Coast, Naples, and Sorrento.
Alternatively, book a shared airport transfer, or combine a longer transfer with a driving tour, stopping along the route to see area attractions. Examples of transfers with stops include visits to San Gimignano and Siena between Rome and Florence, and a visit to Pompeii or Sorrento between Rome and the Amalfi Coast.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Terminal 1 is the hub for Italy’s national carrier, Alitalia, and handles domestic, Schengen zone, and Alitalia medium-haul flights.
- Terminal 2 is the hub for the budget airline Vueling and handles domestic, Schengen zone, and medium-haul flights by budget carriers.
- Terminal 3 currently handles most of the large-airline traffic to and from domestic, Schengen zone, and international destinations. Currently, this terminal also serves US and Israeli destinations.
- Terminal 5, the dedicated terminal for US and Israeli flights, is currently closed for major renovations.
- Car rental agencies are located in Tower 2 of the parking garages directly outside the airport, and can be reached via the pedestrian walkways from the terminal buildings.
- The airport has duty-free and other shops, restaurants, cafés, currency exchanges, ATMs, and a tax refund office.
How to Get There
The airport is located in Fiumicino, about 21 miles (35 kilometers) from Rome’s city center. The Leonardo Express runs nonstop between the central Termini train station and the airport every 15 minutes; the trip takes about 30 minutes. Taxis are a flat rate of €45. Or, book an airport transfer for hassle-free pickup and drop-off.
Address: Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, Rome, Italy
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino International Airport (FCO)
No results found!
Things to do near Rome
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Orvieto
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Perugia
- Things to do in Ascoli Piceno
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Abruzzo