Living Coast Discovery Center Tours and Activities
Inside the boundaries of the San Diego National Wildlife Refuge is the Living Coast Discovery Center, a small nonprofit zoo and aquarium.
The Living Coast Discovery Center was first opened in 1987 under a different name, and since 2010 has been a working nonprofit. It's on San Diego Bay in Chula Vista, about 10 miles southeast of San Diego, surrounded by marshland.
Exhibits at the aquarium include sea life, shore birds, and native plants. There are turtles, sharks, rays, owls, egrets, herons, and several kinds of raptors. There are scheduled live demonstrations of feedings each day.
Tours and Activities to Experience Living Coast Discovery Center
Frequently Asked Questions
- Go San Diego All-Inclusive City Pass: Access 55+ Attractions
- Go San Diego Explorer City Pass: Choose any 3, 4, 5 or 7 Attractions
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Nevada