Spreckels Organ Pavilion
Known for its 5,000 pipes, the largest of which is 32 feet long, the organ is an unusual but beloved attraction in San Diego. It’s located in the heart of the park, making it easy to visit during your sightseeing. Most Balboa Park Segway tours pass by. Concerts are held regularly, and the outdoor pavilion can hold up to 2,500 guests.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Concerts are free.
- Sunday concerts last one hour and are held rain or shine.
- Monday evening concerts last two hours.
How to Get There
The pavilion is located off Pan American Road East in the middle of the park. It’s accessible via city buses that run along Park Boulevard.
When to Get There
Concerts take place every Sunday afternoon and on Monday nights during the summer. Go early for the Monday concerts, as they fill up.
What to Bring Seating at the pavilion is outdoors on metal benches, so feel free to bring along items to keep you comfortable depending on the weather, such as blankets, sun hats, and seat cushions. You may also bring a picnic to enjoy.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Nevada