Top San Francisco Helicopter Tours
Saved to wishlist!
Private and Luxury
Cruises & Sailing
Private Sightseeing Tours
Read MoreShow Less
A helicopter tour offers a one-of-a-kind perspective of San Francisco, taking in sights such as AT&T Park, Coit Tower at the top of Telegraph Hill, and the Financial District with its famous Transamerica Pyramid. Here are some highlights of helicopter tours in San Francisco.
- See San Francisco Bay Area landmarks including the Ferry Building, Alcatraz Island, the Bay Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Golden Gate Bridge from the air.
- Opt for a VIP flight from San Francisco to the Napa Valley for a truly unique treat that includes landing in a vineyard for a wine-tasting experience.
- Fly north of the city to take in the Marin Headlands and California's craggy Pacific coastline, plus the artist town of Sausalito and the former immigration station of Angel Island, the “Ellis Island of the West.”
- Choose a combo tour that offers a helicopter ride plus a visit to the notorious former prison known as The Rock: Alcatraz Island.
10 results | All San Francisco Tours
Sort by: Featured
Fly in a helicopter over San Francisco's most famous landmarks on this scenic tour. Fly over the city's neighborhoods, then head for Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Continue towards Angel Island and the Marin Headlands while you enjoy choreographed musical accompaniment and informative commentary from your expert pilot.
Take to the sky and soar over San Francisco on an exhilarating helicopter tour. During the flight, get an unbeatable perspective of iconic attractions like Alcatraz, the Bay Bridge, the Embarcadero, the city’s famous hills, and the San Francisco Bay. During suitable weather conditions, experience the thrill of flying under the Golden Gate Bridge.
See the sights of San Francisco Bay from above on an air tour from the Hayward airport. As you fly through the sky on a 3-passenger plane with an experienced pilot, look down on attractions like Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge and downtown San Francisco.
Escape to California’s famous wine country on this full-day tour from San Francisco. Taste regional varietals at multiple wineries in Napa and Sonoma, including both big-name and family-run estates. Learn about the winemaking process during guided tours of vineyards and barrel rooms, and savor the area’s gourmet culture with a stop for lunch in charming Sonoma Square Plaza.
Fly over San Francisco in a helicopter for stunning aerial views, then board a boat on San Francisco Bay for a sunset dinner cruise. This combo tour allows you to see the best of the city from the air and the water, including multiple views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge and Alcatraz. Pickup from select hotels is included.
Come aboard the Privateer for a beautiful sailing journey along the San Francisco Bay where you can enjoy sightseeing at the most beautiful time of day—sunset. Coast along as you spot out Alcatraz, the Sausalito shoreline, and the Golden Gate bridge, all with a drink of choice in your hand.
Enjoy epic aerial views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz, among other city highlights, on this 1-hour guided air tour. Fly from the suburb of Hayward in a Cessna with a pilot/guide at the helm, who will fill you in on the history and culture of the city through guided commentary in English or Spanish.
Get two classic San Francisco experiences—a bike ride starting at Fisherman’s Wharf and a visit to the notorious prison island of Alcatraz—in one combined tour package. Take a scenic ferry ride to Alcatraz Island, where you can explore at your own pace on a self-guided audio tour. Use the flexible 1-day bike rental on the day of your choosing and enjoy a safe ride with a helmet included.
Wander through an ancient coastal redwood forest and explore the artistic bayside enclave of Sausalito on this half-day tour from San Francisco. Travel across the Golden Gate Bridge to visit Muir Woods, home to some of the oldest and tallest trees on Earth. Then, soak up stellar views of the San Francisco skyline and browse art galleries along the Sausalito waterfront. At the end of your tour choose between getting dropped off at Union Square in San Francisco or taking the Sausalito ferry back to San Francisco.
Get a bird’s-eye view of San Francisco on this helicopter tour to Sausalito, including a gourmet lunch and return ferry ride to the city. Admire the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island as you soar across the bay on your 20-minute flight. After arriving in Sausalito, enjoy lunch at a delicious Italian spot. Then take your time exploring the galleries and boutiques in town before hopping aboard a ferry back to San Francisco.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Helicopter Tours in San Francisco?
The best Helicopter Tours in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Helicopter Tours in San Francisco are 1 hour or less?
What Helicopter Tours in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Helicopter Tours in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Air Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Bike Tours
- Bus Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Tickets & Passes
- Classes & Workshops
- Vesuvio Cafe
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Toronado Pub
- Haas-Lilienthal House
- Russian Hill
- Barbary Coast Trail
- Cable Car Museum
- Pacific Heights
- Pier 39
- SS Jeremiah O'Brien
- Mission Dolores Park
- Beat Museum
- Nob Hill
- San Francisco Playhouse
- Contemporary Jewish Museum
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Sea Cliff
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA)
- Marine Mammal Center
- Conservatory of Flowers
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito